Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Get Paid for Poetry? Yes, Please.

Hey there, Crafters!

Quick post for today!

So, I've mentioned before that I am currently writing a few different books. One of those is a book of poetry that I have previously written, but not done anything with. Now, of course, some of it is horse fodder, but there are some that are (in my and previous creative writers professors opinion) pretty good. 

One of which, I have submitted to Poets.Media, which is a tier of vocal.media that calls itself a "long-form social publishing platform that helps creators get their voice heard and make money from their content." They also require a few things in order to post, one of which is an image or video to relate to the post. I chose to use Canva as an image creator. I think its perfect for the poem. I could have definitely done this in PS but it's so quick and painless in Canva, so, yeah, winner winner chicken dinner.


Anyway, so, I'm thinking its totally worth the risk of one poem. I don't really want to submit my extremely best work, just in case it doesn't pan out, you know. But, we shall see. They pay based on numbers of views and encourage creators to share on social media, etc. So, I created a Pinterest link, or two, and put it on my FB page, to increase viewers.

I am also in the long and drawn out process of editing and purging poems and short stories, to put into my collection, which will be published through Kindle Direct Publishing. 

As you can see, I am more of a "don't put all your eggs in one basket" kinda gal, so I'm trying to spread the love a little. 😉 I'm hoping both of them end up being great, but you never know! Wish me luck and publicity, Crafters!

That's it for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment