Friday, May 4, 2018

Just Put the Pictures on The Paper

So, in my previous post, I mentioned how I have been in kind of a crafter's rut. To get myself out of the rut I have gone with a "just do it already" attitude. I'm not sure about the rest of the crafting world, but I know that I spend way too much time looking for inspiration and ideas or researching different techniques. These past few days I've been challenging myself to get something done (that is for myself).

Which leads me to the scrapbook pages you are about to see. The idea here is that I taped the pictures that I wanted, in the layout that I want them to be in. So, you have to kind of organize your pictures, by the layout/page you have in mind. So I separated all the pictures of Imani during her first year and placed them in order by months. (Cumbersome, yes, but also fun to reminisce.)

Then, I selected the papers that I wanted. And after that, it was time to tape down the images.
I also put the month stickers on because those were my main inspiration. Also, to keep track of the dates, I wrote the dates on the back of the pictures with a sharpie.

I love the faces in the photos from when Imani was 3 months old. So funny! She's had a fun personality from, literally the second she was born. My husband told me that when she was born, (via C-Section) she literally came out looking around the room at everyone. He said all the doctors were laughing because she was so alert to be second old.
So again, I'll embellish the page later, but I wanted to be sure to "get something done" so I placed the pictures where I wanted them to go. I didn't use photo mats for this one, but I might go back and add them. Eh. We'll see.


So this was Easter, and I didn't feel the need to use an "Easter" scrapbook paper because the pictures were so obviously Easter. 

This one, I'm not sure where I'm going, as far as embellishments go, but I know I like the weird angles.

Well, I think I succeeded in getting something done! Now on to the rest of the pictures, and who knows I may actually finish Imani's 1st-year scrapbook. LOL Hey, she's only 15 months, I'm not too far behind!

Alright, Crafters! 'Tis the end of this post. 
Bye For Now!








No comments:

Post a Comment