Sunday, July 22, 2018

Birth Story|Journey to Parenthood|Mom Post

Hey crafters!

I think I’m going to call this an “In my feelings” post. So over the weekend Imani, my 1.5 year old was over her Auntie’s house. (Shout out to sister Nesha free date night/me time babysitting lol) Anyway, so she came how today and while she was napping and I was doing the dishes I was having all the feels. I also felt the extreme urge to share those feelings and thoughts with you guys.

So, those of you that know me know about the  my husband and I took to become parents. Those that don’t: we tried for a few years to conceive and were eventually told that it would not be a possibility.  We had literally just signed up for adoption classes, and accepted our new path to parenthood when we found out that I was pregnant. Which was pretty eventful in and of itself. I was the maid of honor for my cousins wedding and the bride and I were on the way to my house to get dressed but got into a major car accident. My cousin and I decided not to go to the emergency so that she could still get married but went the next day and found out we were pregnant.

Pretty intense and exciting right? Yeah, we thought so too. She was due February 26th but due to my blood pressure (which had been borderline the whole pregnancy) and a condition called preeclampsia I was admitted to the hospital a month early. And after about half a week of not being able to move or be awake much because of the drugs they had me on, I had to have an emergency c-section. She was born January 26th 4lbs and 11oz and thankfully healthy and did not have any further complications.

***Side note I totally did not mean for this to be a birth story but oh well it is now.
Anyhow, so on to the point. With all of that as a prequel to the beautiful baby girl that is Imani, I can honestly say that it was well worth it. Yet there are moments when people will ask me a question about her and how she’s doing and I’ll make some remark that insinuates that she’s a brat or something like that. Instead of saying what I truly feel which is that I welcome the terrible twos and the sleep deprivation and feet sore from chasing her down. I welcome it because I didn’t think I would have an Imani.

I mean, I guess sometimes the awkward in me takes the forefront and when people ask certain questions I’m trying to be funny or relatable but the reality is that I’m not funny and usually do not relate to other people. But it shouldn’t matter right? When someone says “hey she’s a busy little thing” because I’m chasing her around the playground or something I should say “yeah but I’ll take it every day of the week and twice on Sunday” because that’s how I feel but instead I say something like “OMG tell me about it!”

I guess the true point of this all over the place post is to say that if you ask me how Imani is doing or make a comment about how busy she is or post a video saying how aggy she is, know that what I really feel is that I don’t care because I’m just thankful to have her to chase around.

I told you in advance, all the feels. 😐

That’s it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment