Saturday, May 12, 2018

DIY Truck/Car Batman Seat Covers

Hey there, Crafters!
I'm always making something for the Hubby, and this post is to show one of the things I've made recently.

My wonderful husband loves Batman. (DC, and Marvel but mainly Batman) He recently found the deal of a lifetime one two car seat covers at a local auto supplies store: $4.99 each.

The covers were plain black, and he wanted me to Jazzy them up a bit. Here, they are!





















This is what they look like on his truck seats. The one on the left is the passenger seat and the one on the right is the driver's seat.

Materials
Gold Machine Embroidery Thread
Red Machine Embroidery Thread
Brother PE-500 Machine & Hoop
Scissors
Tear-away backing

Step 1: Fight your machine for 45 minutes to get tension and threading done to your liking. LOL

But seriously, it was pretty simple, just choose your design, and add embroidery to your heart's content.

For my design, I purchase the Batman logo from a shop on ETSY.com. I knew that I wanted the text on the top and middle. Then, I tried and failed to align the letters to make his name larger. To try and disguise my flaws I made the Batman symbols surround the words at varying angles.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to embroidery, so it isn't by any means a professional job, but it's cool! I think I need a bigger embroidery machine.  One that I can complete large-scale projects without having to re-hoop a million times since I suck at realigning the fabric. Hey, if you have some pointers, please share in the comments below! Well, that's it for now Crafter's!

No comments:

Post a Comment